We'd like to welcome back Becky from Clean Mama! She is here to share some great information on Quick Cleaning!
For me, with two littles, and a busy life, I need to do a little bit of cleaning every day to keep up with the dirt and laundry. Some weeks are crazy and I fall behind on my cleaning, some weeks everything appears to be under control. On those days and weeks where I might be a day or two behind and I need to take a some time to catch up on the daily grime, or when someone's coming over unexpectedly and the house is a mess.- I have a little list of things that I do that keep me focused to clean up in a hurry. If you don't like to clean every day, this might be a great quick clean list for you- you can clean the major areas of your home in one day each week. This is what I do:
- quick declutter (if someone is coming over unexpectedly, some things might need to be stashed in a cupboard or closet - I use a container of some sort - an empty laundry basket or smaller basket - so it's easy to put away later)
- dust with a dusting mitt or microfiber cloth
- wipe down windows and doors (where needed)
- clean bathroom mirrors (where needed)
- sweep hard surfaces
- wash hard floors - depending on how much time I have available, this might be a spot clean
- vacuum carpets
- wipe kitchen counters
- wipe down bathrooms
- clean toilets
- change kitchen towels
- change bathroom towels
- fluff sofa pillows
By cleaning and tidying these areas, your home will be clean in about an hour - a quick clean!
Here's a Quick Clean Checklist for your home binder or fridge (the printable has two checklists to a page) - there's nothing like checking off a list to give you that nice feeling of accomplishment.
To have your ideas featured on Crazy Domestic, click HERE