Last year I saw this cute idea on Not So Idle Hands and knew I had to make them right away! I didn't have enough jars so I ran out the the grocery store and bought a few and emptied the contents into tupperware so I could use them immediately! I was super excited when I found the square jar, perfect for Frankenstein! Even better, It was a big jar of Claussen pickles, they're my favorite kind! They were really fun to make and quickly became my favorite Halloween decoration! I didn't take step by step pictures since I wasn't blogging back then, but they are so simple to do, I don't think you need pictures to figure it out!
What you need:
•colored tissue paper
•assorted glass or plastic jars (glass if you are using candles)
What to do:
1. Cut your tissue paper about the same length of your jar and about 1-2 inches wide.
2. Apply a strip of Mod Podge to the jar, and lay a strip of tissue paper on top of it. Smooth it out, being careful not to tear the paper. It will look a little wrinkly, but will look more smooth once it has dried.
3. Continue doing this, overlapping the strips a tiny bit, all the way around the jar until it's covered. (for the mummy, I just used random sized strips and put them in all different directions)
4. Cut out face shapes from black paper, or use the cute templates Emily offers here, here or here. I had to re-size the templates to fit my jars. Apply the faces with Mod Podge and give the entire jar a top coat of Mod Podge.
5. Once the jar is dry, paint the tops of the jars green, gray or black.
6. Fill jars with tea candles or a string of white lights, and enjoy the spooky ambience!
To have your ideas featured on Crazy Domestic, click HERE