Welcome to the "Let's Eat Workshop" where I plan to show you simple ways to feed your family by discussing the following topics:Week One: What and Why?
Week Two: Making a Menu Display
Week Three: Easy Menu Planning with Themes
Week Five: A Giveaway!
Let's get started, shall we?
Week One: What and Why?
“What’s for dinner?” A question that comes up in every household almost every day. Whether you’re single, married, with kids or without, this question will pop in your mind, or ring in your ears at about 5pm every.single.day… UNLESS you have a plan.
What is menu planning?
Menu planning simply means to plan ahead of time what meals you’ll cook. There are no rules on what you have to eat, when you have to eat it and how far in advance you have to plan for it. That is completely up to you.
Why should I plan a menu?
Menu planning is healthier, it saves time, it saves money, and it saves your sanity!
Menu planning will…
- cut down on unhealthy drive-thru runs
- give your meals variety
- allow more time to prepare healthy side dishes, increasing your family’s consumption of fruits and veggies.
Knowing exactly what you need at the grocery store before you go means that…
- the chance of you forgetting things is less likely and you shouldn’t have to waste time returning to the store to get the items you forgot.
- there will be no more wasting time standing in front of the fridge or freezer or pantry wondering what to cook!
Your wallet will smile if you…
- reduce the number of trips to the grocery store and give yourself less opportunities for impulse buying!
- skip the takeout that costs a whole lot more than cooking at home.
- efficiently use the ingredients you buy and minimize the waste of food.
Be prepared and…
- say goodbye to the dreaded question “What’s for dinner”
- make your evening run a bit smoother by getting rid of the dinner-time crazies!
- enjoy cooking a bit more
YOUR ASSIGNMENT FOR THE WEEK:
Commit yourself to start planning a menu!
NEXT WEEK'S DISCUSSION:
Making a menu display. (This is a fun one!)